S.G.M / C.G.B.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://sgmcgb.forumotion.net/

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

The Spitters - EP (Funky Mushroom 1994)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarsHottentot

MarsHottentot

The Spitters - EP (Funky Mushroom 1994) Empty
PostSubject: The Spitters - EP (Funky Mushroom 1994)   The Spitters - EP (Funky Mushroom 1994) EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:58 pm

The Spitters

The Spitters - EP (Funky Mushroom 1994) Spitte10

The Spitters - EP (Funky Mushroom 1994) Spitte12

The Spitters - EP (Funky Mushroom 1994) Spitte13

The Spitters - EP (Funky Mushroom 1994) 3077051432_990227c34a_o

Mark Ashwill (vocals)
Tim Bradlee (guitar)
Bill Bronson (bass)
Louis Echavarria (drums)

Mid 90's NYC noise rock group lead by former Missing Foundation drummer, the late Mark Ashwill. Starting as a sort of minimalist Birthday Party / Pussy Galore buzz bomb (as heard on this EP) and ending as a Swans laden noise hammer (as heard on 'Sun To Sun'), The Spitters were known largely for their violent stage show, Ashwill usually bleeding all over by the end of a typical bombastic performance. If you like the above groups, NY noise like Rat At Rat R or DUSTdevils, with a hint of early Blues Explosion and Cramps, you'll like this one a lot.

I'm still looking for their 1994 lp 'GIVE' on Funky Mushroom, if any of you have it. Also, 'Sun To Sun' on PCP Entertainment in 1995 (have it on cassette!).

This is from a post I did on the SFRP boards late last year, I re-upped the link and scanned the cover, photoshopping away (to the best of my feeble ability) the radio stations ID I got it from back when it was released.

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mwqfzzdmmdc
Back to top Go down

The Spitters - EP (Funky Mushroom 1994)
Page 1 of 1